Next PGCDCC Meeting
The upcoming meetings and events of the Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee (PGCDCC) are as follows:
Thursday, October 28, 2021 - Public Hearing to fill the District 23 At-Large Female Democratic Central Committee Vacancy Fill District 24 Delegate Vacancy
The Prince George’s County Democratic Central Committee (PGCDCC) will convene a virtual public hearing on Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 6 pm to fill the District 23 Democratic Central Committee vacancy and District 24 Delegate vacancy.
The PGCDCC will only receive candidates who reside in Districts 23 and 24.
Pursuant to the PGCDCC Constitution – ARTICLE X - Section 1 - Legislative Vacancies – “In the case of death, disqualification, resignation, refusal to act, expulsion, or removal of any person who shall have been elected as a Democratic State Delegate or Senator from a legislative district that includes Prince George's County, Maryland, or in case of a tie in a Primary Election between two or more such qualified persons, the Governor shall appoint a person to fill such vacancy from a person whose name shall be submitted to him/her in writing within thirty days after the occurrence of the vacancy, by the PGCDCC from the legislative district from which the Delegate or Senator was appointed or elected, provided that the appointee shall be a member of the Democratic Party in the legislative district at the time of the last election or appointment of the vacating Delegate or Senator. It shall be the duty of the Governor to make said appointment within fifteen days after the submission thereof to him/her.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING:
▪ Candidates must be a registered voter in Prince George’s County, Maryland and reside in the legislative district where the vacancy has occurred.
▪ The PGCDCC requires the following documents in PDF format: (1) letter of intent; (2) resume; and (3) voter registration card.
▪ To maintain gender balance, the District 23 applicant must identify as “Female”.
▪ Filing deadline: 5pm, Wednesday, October 27, 2021. Email all required documents in PDF format only to: email@example.com
▪ Incomplete packets and packets received after the deadline will not be accepted.
▪ Candidates shall speak in alphabetical order, 2-minutes per candidate.
▪ Candidates may have no more than 2 people speak on their behalf, 2-minutes each.
▪ Speakers may not transfer their time to another speaker.
Please sign up below to get our meeting announcements or check back for the most current information.
By Authority: The Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee, Faye Martin Howell, Treasurer.